The first public worship services in Wyalusing were held in the home of Mrs. Lucretia Miner York in 1785.  The number slowly grew.

On June 30, 1793 the First Presbyterian Church in the Wyalusing Valley was organized.  It met in a log schoolhouse standing near the present site of the Wyalusing Cemetery.  The church now consisted of 13 members and was the first organized Presbyterian Church in Northeastern PA.

In the early 1800's, as the valley became more thickly populated, meetings began being held in a schoolhouse in Merryall where a church was later erected.  With even more expansion it became apparent that a church should be within walking distance of town.

This new church was constructed near the Wyalusing Cemetery and was dedicated on December 7, 1855 as the Second Presbyterian Church of Wyalusing.  Its members now totaled 27.  The first stated meeting of the Lackawanna Presbytery was held on September 20, 1870 with 36 ministers and 32 elders present.

In the 1880's the idea of building a church in town began to grow, as the church's membership seemed to diminish.  On June 6, 1890 the trustees voted to proceed with this project and a site was purchased on Church Street from N.A. Wells and Mrs. Loretta Gaylord.  The groundbreaking occurred on October 8, 1891.

The present Wyalusing Presbyterian Church was dedicated on June 14, 1893.  Several pieces were brought from the old church and include the communion table that now resides in the vestibule and the 1,200-pound tower bell.

As the years passed a kitchen was added (and then later remodeled) to enhance church and community functions, the social rooms were redone, and again the membership grew.

The site of the Historic Middendorf Hotel was purchased and on April 4, 1988 we broke ground for another addition.  This "New Wing" was mainly funded by the generosity of Miss Helen Sigler and was dedicated on October 8, 1988.  This addition created additional Sunday School rooms, a new choir room, and offices for the pastor and secretary.

The church has been serving in its present location for 117 years.  Currently, it continues to grow and prosper and is a vital part of the Wyalusing community.